You can now pre-order the new iPhone XR online ready for its release in late October. With a variety of colors available and an affordable price tag, the iPhone XR is one of the best upgrades so far in 2018.
The new iPhone XR is available in white, black, blue, coral, yellow and red – one of the biggest varieties available for iPhone at the minute.
Apple is also following some seasonal trends this year by introducing a red option – perfect for fall and winter alike.
XR vs XS
The XR has some cons and positives compared to the previous XS model.
Some pros include:
- Lots of colour options
- More affordable
- Longer battery life
- Supports dual-SIM functionality
- A super fast A12 chip
- A glass body that supports wireless charging functionality
- Camera features including Smart HDR, Portrait Mode and Depth Control
- The same Face ID feature
Some cons include:
- A single-lens camera system compared to the dual-lens camera system of the XS
- Lesser water resistance
- An aluminum frame compared to a stainless steel frame
- Haptic Touch compared to 3D Touch
Prices start from $749 for 64GB of storage, $799 for 128GB of storage and $899 for 256GB of storage. Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Target and Best Buy are accepting pre-orders for the new device now.