Apple has announced the winners of this year’s Apple Music Awards.
The Cupertino company’s awards are designed to “recognize the best artists of 2021 and their influence on global culture,” and run across five categories: Artist of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Breakthrough Artist of the Year, Top Song of the Year, and Top Album of the Year.
Speaking of the awards, Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats, said: “The past 12 months have proved to be a remarkable year for music, and we’re thrilled to honor the artists who are shaping culture and connecting with fans around the world on Apple Music. This year we’re also recognizing more regional artists, showing the world the impact of extraordinary talented musicians who are making waves globally.”
Apple Music Awards 2021 winners
- Global Artist of the Year: The Weeknd
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo
- Songwriter of the Year: H.E.R.
- Artist of the Year (Africa): Wizkid
- Artist of the Year (France): Aya Nakamura
- Artist of the Year (Germany): RIN
- Artist of the Year (Japan): OFFICIAL HIGE DANDISM
- Artist of the Year (Russia): Scriptonite
Are you pleased with the winners? Let us know and check back soon for the latest from Apple, right here.