Apple has updated its Clips app, introducing a range of new features.
The video editing app was first released in 2017 and allows users to combine video clips as well as images, text and, music, and add filters and graphics to create videos for use on social media.
The latest update introduces new posters, as well as stickers and title options, giving users more control and choice when creating their own short video content.
The update also introduces a camcorder filter, which creates a retro look for videos, whilst eight new poster backgrounds feature colorful designs, as well as vintage designs and a camcorder recording screen, as well as a globe that is designed to honor Earth Day.
Also new to the update are stickers, the ability to create songs via GarageBand to add directly to your Clips, the ability to add new Live Titles, duplicate and rename projects, and share projects via AirDrop for the first time, helping users get creative and share their new ideas with friends.
What is new in the latest Clips release?
The full release notes are as follows:
– Use the new camcorder filter to give your videos a retro video camera look
– Choose from 8 new posters including options with solid backgrounds, colorful vintage designs, a classic blue camcorder recording screen, and an animated globe to celebrate Earth Day.
– Create titles and captions with 3 new Live Titles styles featuring static text that appears all at once or animated text that highlights each word as it’s spoken
– Apply new 8-bit and 3D-styled stickers to add emphasis to your videos
– Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to new or existing Clips projects
– Duplicate and rename projects
– Share projects with friends via AirDrop or email, save them to Files, or upload them to cloud storage service with share extensions
– ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
The Clips app is available on iOS and compatible with iPhone 5S devices and above. Some features, such as transfer effects, require an iPad Pro or an iPhone 7 and above, whilst Selfie Scenes requires an iPhone with TrueDepth Camera. Click here to download the latest version of the Clips app.