Also Boosts Quick Scan Performance
TETTNANG, Germany–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Security expert Avira announced today a 2.0.1 version remake of its award-winning Avira Free Mac Security–now supporting the new Apple Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and sporting important new security features.
Central to the new version of Avira Free Mac Security, in addition to Mavericks support, is the ability to perform a quick scan of vulnerable directories on the computer even as the security software is being installed, which eliminates the possibility of an already-infected computer being able to thwart security software installation and detection systems. Moreover, Avira Free Mac Security retains its most popular features such as one-click repair, on-access scanning, and a Security Status screen where you can manage all your Mac’s security info in one spot. Another new feature is the ability to update both the product and the detection simultaneously, therefore ensuring that the application always provides the highest possible level of protection.
“Not quite a year ago, Avira was a new-comer to the Mac sector. But today we have an enormous customer base using our Mac antivirus and even more using our free Mobile Security product for iPhone and iPad,” said Travis Witteveen, CEO of Avira. “Our reputation for high detection rates and reliable security that ‘just works’ seems to resonate with Apple users. So we will continue to invest in developing more security features for Apple devices.”
Avira Free Mac Security, which recently earned the ‘Approved Security Product’ award by AV-Comparatives, is available now, for free, for English and German languages and works on any Mac running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or higher.
- — Download Avira Free Mac Security 2.0.1: http://www.avira.com/en/for-business-avira-mac-b2b
- — Install Avira Mobile Security for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avira-mobile-security/id692893556?mt=8
- — Follow Avira’s TechBlog: http://techblog.avira.com/en
- — Find community, support and tips on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
- — Show us what else you would like Avira to protect through our Vine contest: http://tinyurl.com/lm34dl4
Source: Avira/Business Wire