Brainshark’s 2-Year-Old App for Showing PowerPoints From the iPad and iPhone Has Users in 150+ Countries – With 2 Million Downloads and More Than 25,000 SlideShark Presentations Viewed Each Day
WALTHAM, Mass. /PRNewswire/ — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in cloud-based business presentations, today announced that more than 5 million presentations have been uploaded to SlideShark by users around the world. SlideShark is Brainshark’s popular app for viewing and showing PowerPoints from the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Launched just two years ago, SlideShark has since seen explosive usage. The app solves a major problem for mobile professionals – as PowerPoint, the No. 1 business presentation tool, doesn’t render correctly on the iPad. SlideShark eliminates garbled decks and frustration, letting iOS users view PowerPoints the way they’re meant to be seen – with fonts, animations, graphics, hyperlinks and videos intact. To get started, users upload a PowerPoint to their free, secure, online account, and SlideShark converts the deck into an iOS-ready file.
Brainshark is also announcing additional major milestones and traction for SlideShark, including:
- — 150 million slides uploaded to SlideShark.
- — More than 8,700 presentations uploaded each day (steady rate in 2013).
- — 1 SlideShark presentation viewed every 3.6 seconds (25,000+ viewed every day).
- — 2 million+ app downloads (2 downloads/min., 24×7!).
- — Corporate and individual users in 150+ countries – from Canada to China to Saudi Arabia, and nearly half the countries in Africa. NASA also used the app under the ocean to train for asteroid exploration.
- — Rated 4.5 stars out of 5 in Apple’s App Store, based on 4,000+ user reviews.
- — SlideShark is a top “Productivity App” in the App Store, and is in the top 2 percent of all 1 million+ App Store apps, based on downloads.
- — More than 25 industry awards, including most recently, Gold-level wins in both the Stevies’ American Business Awards and International Business Awards programs. Within the last month, SlideShark was also named a winner in the Golden Bridge Awards and Small Business Influencer Awards programs.
Free with business upgrades available, SlideShark serves as a platform to securely distribute, track and manage presentations in the cloud. In addition to faithfully rendering PowerPoints, the app has cemented its status as a presenter’s best friend. Users can broadcast their presentations live over the Web, view slide notes while presenting, access content from popular cloud storage providers (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, EMC’s Syncplicity, Citrix ShareFile and Microsoft SkyDrive), and more.
SlideShark Team Edition, the business version of SlideShark, enables companies to apply permissions-based access to content; centrally manage, distribute and update presentations; and track content usage in the field. Organizations including Cleveland Construction, Delta Dental, Denver International Airport, Guerbet LLC, Heartbeat Ideas, Nerium International, the Networking Toolchest, Nine Network, Teledyne Marine Systems, Visionix and hundreds more rely on SlideShark Team Edition for their presentation management needs.
“The 115 members of our sales team are equipped with iPads, yet PowerPoint is – and always has been – the tool we use to build presentation materials. We wanted sales staff to be able to access and give presentations instantly from their mobile devices – without having to ‘dumb down’ and rebuild all their PowerPoint assets to function in an iOS environment,” said Warwick Sharp, group sales operations manager for Nine Network, a top-rated television broadcaster in Australia, and part of Nine Entertainment Company. “SlideShark Team Edition solves this challenge for us. In addition, as a TV broadcaster, video quality is very important to us. SlideShark lets us display high-resolution program clips that are embedded in our slides – effortlessly and intact – for maximum impact with advertisers.”
SlideShark Team Edition has reached all corners of the globe. Technology resellers worldwide – including En Pointe, Softchoice, Tech Data and more – have inked deals to resell the app to their customer base.
“We’re excited to announce these milestones for SlideShark – chief among them, the fact that the app has hit the 5 million upload mark, a testament to its value and continued innovation,” said Joe Gustafson, Brainshark’s CEO. “As the industry standard for showing PowerPoints from iOS devices, SlideShark continues to solve business challenges for mobile presenters around the world. SlideShark empowers mobile users to deliver presentations in a hassle-free and professional way – maximizing productivity and agility.”
SOURCE Brainshark, Inc./PRNewswire