Apple has released a new television ad, the fourth in its “You’re More Powerful Than You Think” campaign. Called “Dreams”, the ad features iPhone owners using their devices to assist them in a variety of careers and pursuits, from medicine to art to firefighting. The track chosen for the ad was Jennifer O’Connor’s “When I Grow Up”, her new single released on iTunes earlier in the week.
The video features several specialized apps, such as Vaavud Wind Meter, Veterinary AliveECG, and Foreflight Mobile. Some of these require external hardware, most noticeable Vaavud Wind Meter, the first app featured in the video. All of the apps are displayed and linked under the ad video on Apple’s “Powerful” page. Mac Rumors provides some info on each of the apps:
– Vaavud Wind Meter, an anemometer that plugs into the iPhone’s headphone jack
– Response Deck, an app for fire and EMS first responders
– iTranslate Voice, a near-real time language translation app
– Veterinary AliveECG, a portable heart monitor for pets
– ForeFlight Mobile, a civil aviation mapping and weather app for pilots
– SAM-1, an appcessory for measuring water pH and other data
“Dreams” isn’t the only ad in the series to bring focus to how the iPhone 5s can be used in day to day life. Apple’s other three ads show the flexibility and utility of the 5s as well. The first in the series, “Powerful”, was released in April. Showcased were a variety of apps including music-based applications. Fitness apps were featured in “Strength”, which debuted at the beginning of June. Released later that month, “Parenthood” showed some apps designed with parents and children in mind.