Crank up the Christmas classics!
Christmas is just around the corner, and what better way to prepare for the holiday season than replaying all the Christmas classics to your heart’s content? Apple Music have launched their Christmas playlist and it couldn’t be more festive. From Wham! to Mariah Carey and back again, all the classics we look forward to hearing every year are there. So whether you’re decorating your home for the holiday or drinking with your coworkers, Apple’s Essential Playlist is just what you need.
A top ten to play again and again
Apple have compiled their Essential Christmas playlist to please everybody at the party, and while it features a wide range of festive tunes, everything you want and expect from Christmas music is there in the top ten. Take a look!
- All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
- Last Christmas – Wham
- Happy Xmas (War is Over) – John Lennon
- The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late) – The Chipmunks & David Seville
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
Have yourself a merry little singsong…
Of course, the 1994 modern classic by everyone’s favourite wobbly note warbler takes the top spot. The singer reportedly makes around $500,000 every year from the holiday gem, raking in over $60m in royalties over its lifetime. Every other Christmas classic is there, from the delightfully vain Santa Baby to the beautifully optimistic classic by Judy Garland from Meet Me in St. Louis.
Make the Yuletide gay; crack open the Christmas wine and get singing!