Illustration and graphics can help you improve the effectiveness of an advertising campaign and marketing strategies. As an integral part of the web development process, the graphics and illustrations on a web page play with a user’s psyche. To maintain a competitive advantage in the industry, it is critical to keep up with current graphics and illustration trends.
In this article, you’ll come across the top graphic and illustration trends of 2021. Keep scrolling down to explore what may drive the design trends of the year.
Trends in graphic design and illustration in 2021
- Minimalistic Approach: The minimalism movement has recently gained high popularity. Due to its ability to convey a strong message, it’s being rapidly adopted. The style appears to have made its way everywhere in 2021, from the internet to ad banners, electronics to apparel.
- Simple/ Basic Illustrations: The use of illustration in web design is now replacing stock photos. The reason for this is because illustrations are less expensive than stock photos and. Also, they may be customized in a variety of ways to match your needs.
- 3d Designs: The 3D trend has been around for quite a while now. But the new variations and trends keep this discipline of design still in high demand. The AR and VR tech has empowered the designers to take 3d designing to the next level.
- Emojis Everywhere: Emojis have been popular since the beginning of social media. On the online platforms, they appear to have enchanted design concepts for a long time. Graphic designers and illustrators adore them for their ability to convey emotions perfectly.
- Text-rich Videos: The video content in 2021 seemingly relies more on texts and motion graphics. It is due to the prevailing work-from-home scenarios and the high costs of shooting a video. Plus, it gives you the liberty of working with your brand’s colors, fonts, and sounds, making the video resonate with your brand identity.
- Colors and Gradients: While neon colors were popular in 2020, monochromatic and duotone patterns appear to be more popular in 2021. Designers like a limited color palette as it allows them to focus on the more sophisticated components and elements of the visuals. Furthermore, a simple design makes it easier for customers to remember it for a longer period of time.
- Geometric Designs & Shapes: Geometric patterns have also been driving new graphic design trends for a long time. However, in 2021, the brand-new trend of combining several shapes to create a larger, more complicated shape appears to be nearing its apex. When geometric forms are blended with blocks and solid colors, strange visuals can be created.
- Voxels: A voxel is a 3D variation of a 2D pixel that has risen to the top of the 2021 graphic trends chart. These Lego-like design elements appear to be a favorite among professionals to develop aesthetic 3d projects. It can be described as a blend of 3D and geometric design.
- Nature Inspired: Natural & earthy color schemes, wood and stone textures, soft natural lights, etc., seem to have broken into the trend in 2021. It may be the trigger effect of the pandemic outbreak or the thirst for nature amidst the lockdowns. But nature-inspired designs and graphics are topping the chart in 2021.
- Animations: The graphic design has now moved past the simple poster, logo, and banner designing. The designers in 2021 incline more towards using animation graphics to engage the users and improve the conversion rates.
Graphics and illustrations play an important part in the digital world. Everything from branding to advertising to improving the user experience relies on it. As a result, keeping up with the current graphic design and illustration trends is critical.