Newton Inc. Apps. today launched a digital edition of Newton Science Magazine for the iPhone and iPad. Aimed at a broad range of readers from teenagers to adults, this magazine explains today's hottest topics in science, including string theory, iPS cells, the world of animals, natural phenomena, and more, in easily understandable terms and interactive visuals. It also provides a virtual lab to experiment on fundamental principles on your own.
President Keisuke Takamori says, “You'll be amazed to see galaxies, see animals move and hear them with just the tap of your finger. This is an example that showcases the iPad's superlative interactive possibilities. Newton's digital launch is not just a revolution in magazines, but offers a glimpse of the very future of science education.”
To commemorate the Inaugural Launch, we offer our first issue as a free download! The digital edition is available for download from iTunes App Store in the Newsstand section. Subsequent issues are available for US $4.99/issue, and a year's subscription is half price, at $29.99/year. A one month subscription is $2.99/month. Introduce your children, students and yourself to the thrills and allure of science!
- Newton Special: “Birth of the Sun” The birth of the sun and earth 4.6 billion years ago graphically unfolds before you in breathtaking video.
- Upfront: Dr. Brian Green and Dr. Natalie Batalha These interviews feature the leading superstring theorist and the leading scientist at the Kepler Space Telescope Mission.
- Eye on Nature: Yellowstone National Park For the first time ever, witness the magma activity below the Park in HD video. See for yourself!
- Newton Lab: Isochronism of Pendulums Manipulate pendulums in our virtual lab. Experiment on your own!
- Also enjoy numerous other interactive articles and world AFP Science News photos and articles delivered 5 times/day in real-time. All of the text is available in text-to-speech and articles are designed to be easily readable on the smaller screens found on the iPad mini and iPhone.