PALO ALTO, Calif. — Azumio, leading developer of the world's largest suite of mobile health applications with more than 30 million downloads to date, today announces the launch of Azumio Fitness Trainer. Available in the AppStore for iPhone and iPad for $2.99, the app contains seven body-specific workouts, covering your exercise from head-to-toe, along with the option to add-on seven sports-specific workouts for optimal training ($4.99 each). Designed in coordination with world-class exercise experts, Azumio Fitness Trainer is your own personal workout coach anytime, anywhere outside a fitness center.
“Gym-only workouts are an outdated practice,” says Jennifer Grenz, Azumio VP of Mobile. “The success of companies like TRX, Bosu and SPRI show that consumers are seeking options that allow them to exercise with greater flexibility and less cost. A few resistance bands, some dumbbells, a pull-up bar and our Azumio Fitness Trainer app can offer consumers hundreds of dollars' worth of savings over the traditional gym membership.”
For the busy mobile user on the go, the gym isn't always an appealing or conveniently located option. An American Economic Review study of 7,700 US health club members shockingly found that consumers paying the most ($70/month or more) attend the gym the least (only 4.3 times per month). Azumio Fitness Trainer gives access to a motivational tool that shows proper technique anywhere you're willing to break a sweat and workout, even when you are traveling.
A Mobile, Adaptable Personal Trainer
- Using only your body weight and some simple equipment already availableat home, Azumio Fitness Trainer can create numerous, challengingroutines – from total novice to fitness fanatic – all without having tobe at the gym
- Azumio Fitness Trainer can be used in any open space, whether it's aliving room, hotel room, outdoors or conference room
- Offering 600+ exercises, Azumio Fitness Trainer creates a custom workout plan featuring video, graphics and audio instruction for each user based on three equipment categories that are easily available: body weight,resistance bands and dumb bells
- Sport-specific training add-on packages geared towards: Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Skiing, Ice Skating, Speed Skating, Cycling and Running.
- Each sport specific workout includes 3 versions using body weight, dumbbells and resistance bands.
“Essentially, we're moving all the functionality and top-notch one-on-one training from the health clubs to your home or hotel,” said Tom Xu, Chief Product Officer at Azumio. “Today's smartphone users want to stay fit. Most people already carry their smartphones with them everywhere, even the gym. With Azumio Fitness Trainer, we wanted to re-create the personalized, mobile experience of our in-gym companion Fitness Buddy in the comfort of a user's personal space anywhere they want to work out.”
Launched in 2010, Azumio offers the world's largest portfolio of mobile health and fitness applications. The apps have been seen and recommended by Dr. Oz, ESPN, The New York Times, Wired, Gizmodo and Lifehacker.
To download Azumio Fitness Trainer for iPhone or iPad, visit the AppStore.
Azumio is a leading developer of consumer mobile health applications. With more than 30 million downloads to date, Azumio's innovative suite of health solutions span a wide range of market segments, including biofeedback, nutrition and fitness. The venture-backed company is at the forefront of the rapidly growing mobile health app movement, which is expected to impact more than one-third of smartphone users by 2015. For more information, visit Azumio.com or follow @azumioinc.