BARCELONA — Play Creatividad team, a small studio from Barcelona, has been honored with the Publishing Innovation Award for the Best App in Fiction category for “iPoe Collection: The Interactive and Illustrated Edgar Allan Poe Collection,” for iPad and iPhone that gathers some stories from the master of horror, Edgar Allan Poe, enhancing it with illustrations, animations, interaction and an original soundtrack.
iPoe Collection has been developed by the Play Creatividad team, from the first sketches to animation and music. An awesome work that allows young people and adults to enjoy the legendary horror as they never have before. iPoe Collection offers a unique experience to discover the capacities of your iPhone or iPad, where horror and technology make up a perfect, award-winning team.
“It’s an honor to receive an award such as the Publishing Innovation Award; it reinforces the dedication, emotion and hard work of the whole team to create an outstanding work that will provide hours of enjoyment,” said Efren Garcia, CEO of Play Creatividad.
After the launch in December of the second volume of the App (iPoe Vol. 2, Available on the App Store), they are considering adapting it to the Android system and have also created an official iPoe Collection merchandising store in Zazzle.
- Includes four stories: The Oval Portrait, The Tell-Tale Heart, Annabel Lee, and The Masque of the Red Death.
- Terrific illustrations by David Garcia Fores
- Interactive elements that bring the stories to life
- Original Soundtrack by Teo Grimalt
- Text in three languages: English, Spanish and French
- A collection of the illustrator’s sketches
Language Support: American English, French, Spanish
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
- 242 MB
Pricing and Availability: iPoe – The Interactive and Illustrated Edgar Allan Poe Collection 2.5 is only $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
(c) 2013 PRNewswire. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.