As an owner of a small or medium-sized business, there’s a lot to handle on a daily basis. From juggling the finances to keeping your team happy and motivated, ticking each box can be difficult.
Naturally, your human instinct will want some ongoing support to provide you with peace of mind – especially during these tough times.
With the help of this article, you’ll be able to:
- Improve employee performance levels
- Boost your online presence
- Solve problems more quickly
- Appeal to the modern consumer
As soon as you’re ready, let’s start with the tips.
Use a data management platform
Data – it’s everywhere.
Sure, modern technology is a gift from heaven, but no human on earth likes to deal with endless data on their screen, from customer details to employee analytics.
However, whichever application your business is using, be it Microsoft Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Salesforce, you can get professional help to make your life easier.
www.avepoint.com will provide you with a SaaS and data management platform that will take a giant weight off your shoulders. For example, if you use Microsoft Cloud, you’ll be able to manage your data more smartly while ensuring that your team gets the most out of the different Microsoft applications.
Find apps or websites for everyday business tasks
Whether you’re using now, a computer or smartphone, you can use your device to download apps for everyday business tasks. Doing this will save you time and effort while reducing the chance of human error.
Here are some useful apps to try that are perfect for businesses:
- Zoom: You and your employees will be able to hold conferences, emergency meetings, and virtual work parties whenever you need to. Plus, you can do it all for free;
- PayPal: Many modern customers want to make payments via PayPal. In fact, this can be a make-or-break factor when it comes to whether they choose your business;
- FreshBooks: No business manager on the planet enjoys accounting. Luckily, FreshBooks can eliminate this burden. This app covers just about everything from quick and professional invoicing to keeping track of business expenses;
- Bloom: Use the invoice generator to customize your own invoice, including background, currency, descriptions, client info, and due date to send digital IOU to your clients. Keep your accountability organized and under control;
It’s also worth taking a look through the App Store for additional apps that you can download. If you can find industry-specific apps, even better.
Keep a low staff turnover
As a small or medium-sized business, you need to be focused on maintaining a low staff turnover.
A high staff turnover is a recipe for disaster, especially when you’re trying to grow and expand your business.
Here are some of the negatives of a high staff turnover:
- It’s costly. Replacing staff is an expensive process, from posting vacancies online to sacrificing valuable time to conduct interviews. Plus, training new employees is also expensive.
- Low employee morale. Employees who remain with you will become disheartened when staff is constantly coming and going, especially if they’ve built relationships with them over a short period of time.
- Poor reputation. After a while, your business will gain a poor reputation for constantly turning over staff, which you don’t want.
Equip your staff with the right tools
Staff needs to have the right tools to be successful. For example, if you have a sales team that is constantly out on the road, you should get a business phone plan so that your employees can have dedicated business smartphones. This is smart and professional. Furthermore, investing in advanced tools that help with the sales enablement process is something that every serious business needs to keep in mind.
Seek customer feedback
Each month, you should seek customer feedback. You can do this via surveys, questionnaires, and in-person interviews. The purpose of the feedback is to make improvements to your business and keep your customers happier.