It’s only three days until Samsung hold their press conference to announce the release of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus but following the latest huge leak, they could just skip it.
We’ve already had the huge leak from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo earlier this month and now the latest information comes from the German tech site WinFuture that have managed to obtain Samsung’s very own official press images of both the phones. Not only that, features have been leaked for every possible area.
Design and Display
- The Galaxy S8 has a 5.8 inch display and the S8 Plus will have a 6.2 inch display
- Both phones have the new ultra wide 18.9:5 aspect ratios which mean 2960 x 2400 native resolutions (WQHD+)
- Curved OLED displays on both
- No physical home button but IP68 water and dust resistance remain
- Stereo external speakers
- RAM remains at 4GB
- Both will ship with Samsung’s Exynos 8895 chipset but the US, Japan and China will have Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835
- The fingerprint scanner will support gesture recognition including programmable gestures to open certain apps
- An iris scanner added to the front of the phones (like the Galaxy Note 7) to add an extra layer of security
- Both phones will have upgraded 8MP front facing cameras but the f/1.7 apreture remains unchanged
- Rear cameras will stay at 12MP with a f1/7 aperture and OIS but laser focus has been added to Dual Pixel focus
- The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus will have 3000mAh and 3500mAh batteries respectively which remains the same as the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, despite their bigger displays
- Faster wireless charging
- MicroUSB replaced with USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack remains
- Dual-band gigabit WiFi support and Bluetooth 4.2
- 64GB of UFS 2.0 storage on both models and microSD slot remains to support cards up to 256GB
- Black, Blue, Gold, Orchid Gray and Silver colour options will be available at launch
- GuardS8 will be an optional warranty for both phones
- European pricing will be €799 for the Galaxy S8 and €899 for the Galaxy S8 Plus
Rumors are also circulating that Samsung are set to make more Galaxy S8 than the S8 Plus and are expecting to ship 40-45 million units throughout 2017. Target have also leaked the release date.